If data gets out of sync or we update things incorrectly, it can be vexing to the actors and the visitors. In order to minimize that, we have built in checkers can help identify those errors (hopefully) before people notice. They run on an automated cycle, each check once a week, to try and catch things early.
When visiting the individual checker, it will show you the status of the last run. To re-run the tool, press the ‘Check Again’ button at the bottom of the page.
There are currently seven separate data validation checks:
- Queer Checker – Checks that all characters with queer actors have the queer cliché, and all actors with queer characters are, in fact, queer.
- Actor Checker – Checks that all information for actors appears correct. This includes social media and links.
- Incomplete Actors – Actors that have not yet been updated since the Great Migration.
- Actors missing IMDb – Actors who have no IMDb value. This may actually be okay as not all webseries/international shows are listed.
- Character Checker – Checks that all information for characters appears correct, like if they have a show and years-on-air added.
- Show Checker – Checks that all information for shows appears correct. Like do they have characters and ratings etc, does intersectionality seem to match.
- Shows missing IMDb – Shows that have no IMDb value. This may actually be okay as not all webseries/international shows are listed.